For over 70 years, the Double JJ Ranch & Golf Resort has been "America's Friendliest." A year-round full-service ranch resort, it offers horseback riding, championship golf, swimming pools, three private lakes, conference center, restaurants, and so much more!
There's plenty to do in the winter, too, including dog sledding, snow tubing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. All of this is found in a resort located on over 1,000 pristine wooded acres in beautiful West Michigan...
Our staff come from all over the United states and many from around the world. We are committed to creating an atmosphere that encourages lifelong friendships among guests and staff.
Please take a moment to look over our job postings, employment qualifications and general information, and then fill out the application form completely.
We thank you for your interest in employment at Double JJ Resort. We look forward to hearing from you and hope that your Double JJ experience is one that you will remember.
|* Wranglers||* Lifeguards||* Art & Crafts Specialists||* Office Personnel|
|* Front Desk||* Entertainers||* Retail Clerks||* Bartenders|
|* Wait Staff||* Banquet Staff||* Cooks||* Activity Staff|
|* Snack Bar clerks||* Dishwashers||* Housekeepers||* Grounds Maintenance|
* Consistently positive service attitude
* Friendly and outgoing
* Neat, well groomed appearance
* Willing to work a variety of shifts, Sundays and holidays, and number of hours deemed necessary by the Resort
* Willing to work a variety of jobs on the Resort if necessary
* Willing to work a complete season, May - September.
* Willing to live in shared employee housing (if housing is required)
* Proof of identity and legal right to work in the United States
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Willing to obtain a health certificate if necessary
* Housing on the property: Ranch farm houses with common living rooms and kitchen areas; double to quad occupancy bedrooms.
* Linens and bedding may be provided to staff.
* Resort activities: horseback riding, golf, evening entertainment, water park access, and more provided at no charge. Staff are encouraged to attend guest activities.
* Travel to the Resort is at your own expense
* Double JJ is located approximately 200 miles from Chicago, Illinois & Detroit, Michigan
* Out of town staff will be picked up from the nearest airport, train or bus terminal
* Bus terminal: Muskegon, Michigan - 20 miles
* Airport pickup: Muskegon, Michigan - 20 miles
* Grand Rapids, Michigan - 60 miles
* Amtrack Train terminal: Holland, Michigan - 50 miles
* On-site shuttle available to get you from employee housing to your work area.
* H.R. personnel available to take staff shopping, to use the internet, to go to the local beaches.
Good personal hygiene and a clean/wholesome appearance is expected of all employees at all times. Visible tattoos and extremes in hairstyles, clothing, jewelry or makeup are not permitted. Men must have neatly groomed hair, cut above the collar and be cleanly shaven prior to coming on duty at the resort. Beards, goatees, excessive sideburns and new growth facial hair is not allowed for seasonal employees.
* Neat and well groomed appearance at all times
* No extreme hair colors or unnatural dying
* No body piercings allowed while working. (i.e. tongue, nose or eyebrow rings)
* Minimal jewelry to be worn while working
* Tattoos must be covered up during work
* Uniforms must be worn during work hours
* Resort housing available to employees.
* Housing provided by Resort based on availability.
* Employees required to live in quarters provided at their assigned location.
* Room assignments based on double to quad occupancy.
* Married couples: to be eligible for housing, both persons must be employed by the ranch.
* Sheets, towels, blankets & pillows provided to foreign staff (all bedding provided must be returned).
* The Resort will NOT be liable for loss of personal belongings.
* Rooms will be inspected at departure and based on a final inspection, a $75 charge may be assessed to employees whose housing has been damaged or bedding not returned. (This may also be applied to common living areas.)
* Pets are NOT permitted in Resort owned housing.
* Resort staff housing areas are regulated and subject to unannounced inspections.
* Removal of Resort property from staff housing is cause for dismissal and possible criminal prosecution.
* Living in a small town can be challenging, but there is much to do if you use your imagination. We suggest bringing a vehicle to give yourself easier access to the surrounding attractions and shopping.
* Climate and Clothes: Dress is casual. Summer daytime temperatures average 75 degrees, evening lows in the 60s, spring/fall usually much cooler; sweaters and jackets generally needed; expect occasional rain
* Employees are required to purchase Double JJ Staff uniforms.
* You will need to provide your own khaki colored pants, blue jeans, shorts, and white shirts (either henley or oxford style). Uniform requirements may vary by department. Please check with your hiring manager.
* All employees are responsible for care and cleaning of their uniforms (coin-operated washers/dryers are available).